
Thanksgiving is almost here! We would like you to share how you plan to incorporate Slow Food into a part of your Thanksgiving meal this year. Just click on "comments" at the bottom of this entry and then type in what you would like to share.
We hope you will think of our local farmers and producers when planning your special meal.
3 comments:
Isn't Thanksgiving the best holiday? It's the only one where it's all about eating, and really nothing else (although my son would say it's about football too!). It's the "slowest" of the holidays...lot's of good, homemade food and lot's of conviviality around the table. We will be having a turkey grown by our friends and members the Lubbers, who I have to say grow the tastiest and happiest turkeys I have eaten. Most of our veggies will come from Trillium Haven, with bread for our stuffing made by Casey at Little Rooster. We will use recipes that my mom always used, incorporating family tradition and history into the meal. We'll have lots of wine and eat too much, like most people. Rereading this post, I think the slowest thing about our Thanksgiving is the fact that most of our food will come from our friends, who just happen to be farmers. I think that's nice!
I try to incorporate as many local and good ingredients as I can for my Thanksgiving meals. I have an heirloom turkey on order from Crane Dance Farm. Herbs and bread for stuffing ordered through West Michigan Co-op farmers, along with the pumpkins for my pies. You have to top off pumpkin pie with fresh whipped cream and mine is made from my raw milk cream courtesy of Bella, my cow through my Lubbers Farm cow share. As we celebrate on this day, what better way to give thanks, than to thank our local farmers by making them part of our Thanksgiving meal and our nourishment througout the whole year. THANK YOU.
Veronica
Happy Thanksgiving, I'm in Berkeley with my family and it is wonderful. We are planning a very big feast and it is all about family and friends. The turkey came with me from Michigan (lubbers farm) on the plain to Berkeley....but it got lost on the way. We arrived with no turkey...it was great at the baggage counter when they asked what was in the lost bag.....I said a turkey and I really wanted them to find it. They did it arrived later in the day no worse for the wear and ready to be brined. I also brought garlic from my garden and fresh bacon from my 4 H friends. Then it was off to a wonderful farmers market for the rest of the fixin's. Can't wait for Thursday.
Post a Comment