I have so many ideas floating around in my head on how our small chapter can do some things to try to make a difference in our local community. I was truly inspired by this trip and hope to spread its message of hope to others. We can make a difference in our food system if we rally together and demand change. We can help those in need to receive fresh, local and healthy food. We can affect change.
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Back from Terra Madre
We could not get internet access while in Italy so I was not able to post while we were there. What can I say - our experiences at Terra Madre were so inspiring.
From the opening ceremonies where we heard from five people from around the world speak in their native language, to the great workshops that inspired us, the new people we met and connected with, to the closing ceremonies where we were treated to thoughts from a panel of food activists which included Vindana Shiva, Raj Patel and many others and final thoughts from Carlo Petrini himself.
I have so many ideas floating around in my head on how our small chapter can do some things to try to make a difference in our local community. I was truly inspired by this trip and hope to spread its message of hope to others. We can make a difference in our food system if we rally together and demand change. We can help those in need to receive fresh, local and healthy food. We can affect change.
I have so many ideas floating around in my head on how our small chapter can do some things to try to make a difference in our local community. I was truly inspired by this trip and hope to spread its message of hope to others. We can make a difference in our food system if we rally together and demand change. We can help those in need to receive fresh, local and healthy food. We can affect change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kay Yoder and Amy Sherman at our 2007 Holiday Potluck
1 comment:
Well, your opening comments are inspiring. I hope you can hold on to your excitement so you can take your chapter to next level.
Diane Phelps
Post a Comment